Friday 29 November 2013

Inspired By A Movie

It's the start of another challenge over at Delicious Doodles' Challenges. I don't know about you but the theme this week of "Inspired by a movie" is always a tough one for me. I never know which film to choose out of the many out there. I started of by thinking I'd do something like "Terror of the Deep" but somehow this film kept coming into my head. So went with it. I chose "Queen of the Damned"
It did give me the excuse to use some gorgeous flocked pieces that I have been hoarding - die cuts from a RAK received about 2 years ago. The edges are cut like that of an old-fashioned film reel and has apertures for pics - so more for scrapbooking I think, something I don't do. I ended up cutting those edges off to use here.

I followed the sketch over at Papertake Weekly for my design. The digi stamp is La Rosa Muerta from, of course, Delicious Doodles. Mounted onto red pearlised card, after colouring just the hair, lips and rose with promarkers and framed with those edges and TH iron gate die cuts.


Then there's the sanded black/red coredinations piece behind that. The BP is from Southfield paper. Lace, ribbon bows, crown charm and flowers all from stash.
All then attached to a black inked card base.
What film will you choose to depict? Come show us at Delicious Doodles Challenges please so that we can be inspired by you!

I'd like to enter this card into the challenge at
Papertake Weekly - Sketch #85
Through The Purple Haze - Use your Craft Stash (I always do)

5 comments:

  1. All i can say is WOW absolutely amazing...

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is so great. thanks for joining TTPH this week.from Sian (TTPH DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hun, lots of lovely elements to oggle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So dramatic! Great details and embellies too! Love it! Thanks for playing along with TTPH again :)

    Lisbeth DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her hair, thanks for sharing at Through the Purple Haze, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete