Monday 16 July 2012

Gone Batty

Hi there. I'm doing a duel post for both Smudgy Antics and Haunted Design House this week. Not because the challenges are similar, but because my projects share a common theme. I hope you'll forgive me.
First - you've probably guessed my theme - BATS and all Fat Book Pages



First up is the fat book page for Haunted Design House The theme is Music! You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that uses a song or song title as your muse.
Mine should be obvious to anyone that likes a bit of good old Rock.
Meatloaf's "Bat Out Of Hell"
The hell image is from the 'net. The bat is from a collection of Smeared Ink - A Little Bit Batty #3. Three layers only to keep the thin wings. Then coated with UTEE.
The heart is from the rubber "Quoth The Raven" set which is also available as digi. This was stamped and embossed in red on red cs. I decided it needed more so a liberal coating of rock candy followed to give the broken heart effect.
Some edge punches of drippy goo in two coloured reds and a grey fence
I did have some little heart shaped gems to add - but do you think I can find them?

For Smudgy Antics' challenge - Creatures of the Night.
This week we want to know what scares you or creeps you out.  You know those bumps you hear in the middle of the night?  The shadows that lurk in the corners of the room?  The crawling and clawing sounds you hear going up and down the walls while you try to sleep?  We want your artistic creation to show us those menacing Creatures of the Night! 
OK, I don't find bats menacing or creepy but they are generally night time creatures.
Again from the same set, but using #4 and #1.
on an inked background using distress inks
using another picture from the web. Both bats are again coloured with promarkers, cut out and glued with pinflair before dipping in UTEE.
I hope to eventually get a whole fat book made up with these little cuties as a theme, in the meantime, these are the first three.

Your turn to show us what you got :)

10 comments:

  1. all wonderfull hun, i love those bats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pages and those bats look so real

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bats Rock! Wow! What patience you have with fussy cutting those little buggers. Totally worth it though, your bats (and fat book pages) look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! totally love those bats so much work has gone into them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoWza - the battys are AWESOME and I love your HDH project too :-D xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen,
    You have done an outstanding job on your 3 projects! I cant wait to see your Fat Book when your done. You are quite skilled w/ using UTEE and a melting pot! I really do love all 3 of your pages! Great back grounds on them as well!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, great job with the bats, I can not stop looking at them trying to figure out exactly what you have done lol. have you taken the whole image and layered them up or parts of the image and layered them on the base layer? before the utee?? love your work, mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The base layer is the complete image. then layered up, cutting off and out bits to give the 3-d effect I wanted. Glued the layers with silicon/pinflair glue. When set, coated with UTEE via a melting pot. I use anything upto 6-7 layers

      Delete
  8. I love bats, so I can't help but love all of these! Of course, your 3D work is inspiring - so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool, cheers for that,its something I have been thinking of trying, It has worked so well on the bats.And looked amazing on the moth last week. need to find the right image to try it with. x

    ReplyDelete