Monday 30 April 2012

Drop Dead Gorgeous with Smeared Ink New Releases

That's our theme over at Smudgy Antics this week and for the new images about to hit the Smeared Ink Shop. I think you have to agree - these Ladies are
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS

I hope you're sitting comfortably - this is quite a long post!!
This is also part of a blog hop within the DT 
Please go to Tori's Blog for the start
New Release Blog Hop


Fiona
and our GDT
MaryKay
I gave you a preview last week with Luna - and in case you missed it

Then we have Tiamat
and the card I made with her following the sketch at Eat Sleep Stamp
Next up - Medusa 
and the card I made with this beauty
Last, but by no means least, we have Bakeneko
and the card I made with her using the sketch over at My Time Made Easy

I did warn you they are an awesome set of ladies!! There's another but you'll have to nip on over to the other Design team blogs to see her. The list is over there at the beginning of this post.

The nitty gritty deets
ALL the images were coloured with water colour pencils but blended with baby oil. I wanted there to be something else that linked the girls apart from being in the same set.
Other details on Luna can be viewed here on my previous post.
ALL the patterned BP are from Crafty Chaos Designs
Tiamat was matted onto copper paper then torn TH kraft coredinations. Some wire was shaped and attached then a layer of burlap then onto to patterned BP.
Medusa - well, I masked her off with card instead of my usual thin paper. I wanted a void between the background stamp and the image. Background stamp on a set from Personal Impressions stamped in adirondack latte. Edge was ink distressed with wild honey DI, matted onto purple card. Three swirls using dark but multi coloured stones in the bottom left hand corner and two hand made organza flowers with another hand made embellie made using short lengths of serpentine chain. Some jade green lace to highlight the green in the cobras' hoods. The purple corner die cuts are made using a sizzlits die.
Bakeneko Backed onto more copper paper. Some torn kraft coredinations above then the three panels below are patterned BP then dry embossed red/pink coredinations - sanded and a small piece of white hammered card that I tapped straight onto the wild honey DI pad. all this on some old gold card with a pale pink/chocolate ribbon. The leaves are a sizzlit die cut as well cut from the same old gold card.

I hope you are still with me
There's more!!
Yet another set being released this week is the Milagro set.
I made a tag with just one of the images - FLAME

I coloured this little beauty with promarkers as I wanted a stronger and more vibrant image.
The church image behind is from the Smeared Ink Holy City rubber set. Stamped in white onto a black base. The bush was coloured using pencils. I used PVA glue on a couple of stamps and rubbed foil leaf over to get that flaming sunset look. The image mounted onto copper and red after being fussy cut out. The ties in yellow, red and black to co-ordinate with the dominant colours of the tag.

WOW that's all the pics and deets. I think.

A few challenges I'd like to enter into
with Medusa
Craft Your Passion - Loads of Texture

with Bakeneko
My Time Made Easy - Their Sketch
Creative Mondays - Anything Goes

with Tiamat
Eat, Sleep Stamp - Their Sketch
Just Keep on Crafting - Anything goes

15 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Helen...... your colouring is beautiful and I neeeeeed that chain tassel on Medusa!....Where did you get that?..... Stunning work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow everyone of those beauty's are perfectly colored. Baby oil? never heard of using that before. But whatever or however you used it looks awesome. there all fabulous pieces of art. Thank you for the awesome comment you left me today. made me feel good. thanks for allowing me to hang out with you guys and do the challenges this month as GDT. it has been an honour

    ReplyDelete
  3. all fabulos, you always have the most devine images

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, girl! There's so much gorgeousness to see!!! Each goddess is colored to perfection and displayed beautifully. Your Milagro tag is amazing! The background looks like a film negative. So cool! You have totally brought that flame to life with your markers. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful - great colors and details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous! Love all the cards you've created and your coloring is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally AWESOME projects. I love the new images :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow- look at all the fabulous eye candy! Love the new images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards and tags what you made.
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. all these cards are so artistic and powerful, drop dead gorgeous is exactly how I would describe the. You have done a great job with all of the images, just beautiful.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creations at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous DP and details! thanks for joining us at MTMEPPS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these cards are like mini works of art! Amazing coloring and execution. Your work is so inspiring! Thank you for playing along with Sketchy Thursday at Eat, Sleep, Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are all so beutiful, love the colouring

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice - thank so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete