Monday 5 March 2012

It's Monday

Therefore it has to be Smudgy Antics day. This week is an "Anything Goes" challenge. For my part I made a card. Using a slightly different from the norm way of with a rubber stamp. Terra, over at the Smeared and Smudged Forum has been showcasing a couple of different techniques using rubber stamps. This one was so super easy that I thought I'd use it for my DT piece this week. If you want to find out how to do this - you'll have to pay us a visit. The technique uses just water, a rubber stamp and toilet tissue. Oh, an d time.
I used the Earth Goddess from the elementals set.
The image went from
to


















with just a bit of water colour paint.
Is it me? - but like this the valleys look like the raised part!


I made a recess for the image as it is about 5mm deep and I wanted the edges to be protected.
The instuctions for this can be found here at Splitcoast Stampers.


I cut a frame from paper and using just an edge punch went round the edges. The offcut from doing the card were used down the sides. Some webby ribbon, die cut leaves and some dewdrops to finish. I followed the sketch from Midnight Madness for the layout.

Ok guys and gals - get your thinking caps on any come show us your crafty work.
The other DT members have got some awesome pieces to show as well so don't forget to go and see their work.

A couple of challenges I am entering into
Midnight Madness - Their Sketch # 136
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
Crazy for Challenges - Fun Folds

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh - this is soooo AWESOME. Your frame is amazing and your TP image came out fabulously well... mine were cr@p LoL xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The valleys totally look raised in your painted version. Maybe it's the colors you've used? It turned out fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this came out so cool, must try it some time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you and LB the valleys do look raised :).... I gotta check out this technique..... the results are FAB! and your frame is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. Thanks for joining us for the MMSC!
    Pat
    MMSC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so creative! I need to give this a try. Love all of the leaf sprigs. Thanks so much for playing this month at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Hope to see you next month.
    Renee
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous entry into our Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #136 - I can't wait to see your entry for our next exciting challenge.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete