Friday 20 January 2012

Winter Wonderland

It's time for a new challenge over at Delicious Doodles' Challenge Blog. This week, the theme is, yes you guessed it, WINTER WONDERLAND. We want to see all things wintery, whites, blues, snow covered forests, whatever!

This is my card made for the challenge. I had another birthday card to make, so doubled it up with that.

Using one of the new images from the shop, Olyvia. I did hint a few days ago that this gal would change her wardrobe for the next outing ;) This time I have used the icy blues to colour her. All done using promarkers.

(note to self - need more colours. any excuse. Looks like Joanna Sheen's going to see more of my pennies). I used antique linen DI to give that slightly aged look that goes with the attire.
Pale blue and silver card used for the matting with some paper left over from christmas (I think echo park but not sure). The feathery swirls using my new sizzix die and glitter card for that frosty look. The bottom edge cut with MS drippy goo punch with co-ordinating icicle stamp up top stamped in SU! whisper white. The sentiment stamped using the same ink. Ribbon and pearls from stash.

It would be fantastic to see all those wintery cards entered into the challenge, so please come and show us those beauties.

Sketch used from Sketches by Carly

I am entering this card into a couple of challenges

Crafty Purple Frog - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges - The Colour BLUE

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen......I love Teri's new images and you have rocked this one!.....FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hun! Nothing like a versatile outfit! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Großartige Karte.

    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's an amazing card. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stempelsonnenchallenge. Xoxo Michi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's an amazing card. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stempelsonnenchallenge. Xoxo Michi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm clearly going to have to get myself a drippy goo punch now. Never seen it before but I love it! Beautiful card - thank you for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ganz bezaubernd. Gefällt mir richtig gut.
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card you have made here. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete