Wednesday 23 November 2011

Get Well .... NOW!

The November card kit came yesterday from Duckpond Crafts. A gorgeous selection of darker papers, card, ribbon, lace, charms........ Well it is Movember and this is all about the guys.
I went straight for this paper in the selection, my Grumpie stamps and made a get well soon card. Loads of people going down with at least one lurgie here.

So for those feeling a bit rough round the edges and green about the gills......

I covered an old CD for this. It can then be used as a hanging or, as the base is a large die cut scalloped circle, a rocking card.

The grumpie from Smeared Ink was coloured using my promarkers.
Cut out using deckle scissors and ink distressed with bundled sage green DI. The CD edges are distressed using forest moss DI. The sentiment randomly stamped
I punched some holes round the CD using a leather punch and set in some eyelets and threaded some green ribbon. Then mounted on the card base.

There are a couple of challenges that I'd like to enter this into
Tuesday Throwdown - Lots of Circles
Crafty Card Makers - Recycle - I used an old CD
Forever Night Challenge - No way Around it - Circles
My Time To Craft - Under the weather

4 comments:

  1. What a great recycled project & a good way to use up those old cd's. It makes an unusual get well card. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation. I love your grumpie, what a cutie with his busted antenna/ear!

    Thanks for joining our recycling challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. He looks about how I feel :)
    Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute project!! Thank you for joining us over at Forever Night Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete