Saturday 30 October 2010

Poinsetta Fairy

Another of Teri's Delicious Doodles.... and another Christmas card done. This time using Poinsetta Fairy. I was following a sketch - from where I can't remember off hand. Oh well.
Coloured mostly in promarkers with just a touch of gel pen and water colour paint here and there. I decoupaged the poinsetta border. I added an extra touch to one wing. Mirroring the scroll work of the image onto the dark bottle green card matting layer and then attaching that to some sage green card stock. Using the same sage green wrapped a ribbon bow round and stuck that onto the base adding peeloff borders as I went. The image layer was then stuck on using foam padded tape. A couple of homemade pins and some dewdrops and done apart from the sentiment - which I always leave until I decide who gets the card.


This is another entry into The Crafty Purple Frogs first challenge for "Anything Goes"

6 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. Another gorgeous card. Such a beautiful image and I love the design with the border to highlight everything. Just gorgeous sweetie. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Helen; so classy and elegant :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she's lovely Helen, anyone would be delighted to have her land on their mat nearer Christmas

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous -great papers and lovely details - everything fits!

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
    kaos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello gorgeous Diva! Forgive me for not popping by lately. I see you've been crafting the most unique projects - you crafty little dark mistress, you! I love that coffin - I'm going to have to find some at Michael's if they 're not all gone! This card is great - I love the poinsettias - very nice. I love the ribbon and border sticky things. *smile* I hope you have a wonderful Halloween! Be nice to the kidlets! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sucha gorgeous card I LOVE the way you have coloured in this gorgeous image from the brilliant Teri :D
    Thank you for joining us for the first ever Crafty Purple Frog challenge and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete