Monday 6 September 2010

dragon in monochrome

I've been in monochrome mode over the last couple of days!! I looked back at the images I've been colouring in and I have 2 sheets of black/grey images. Time I cut a few out and made a couple of cards.
This image from Stamping Dragon Designs was one I was lucky enough to pick up while a freebie over on CDAC a few weeks ago and never got round to colouring. Then while wandering round blogland visiting a few of the blogs I lurk in, including the Dragon's Den, I came across a challenge being sponsered by them over on the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog. A monochromatic challenge this week....just right for this image.
OK. The main black and white BP is from the Angel company that I distressed with black ink. then added a piece of black and white patterned paper that's been in my drawer for ages (originally gifted by a friend) which I layered onto glossy black cardstock. Then came the black organza ribbon from stash. On top of that came Dino layered onto that glossy black cardstock after a bit of dry embossing. Finished off with a few black and white flowers.
The whole thing was then attached to a white cardstock base card.



I haven't yet added a sentiment as I tend to do this to fit the occasion when giving to someone.

5 comments:

  1. This is just super Helen - I love monochrome cards too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Helen. This is fabulous. Love the image and the colour combo is just fantastic. I love it. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aweeeee soooo cute!! love the Dino :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, and keep your monochrome mojo going for just a little while longer, as the next challenge at HDH is a monochrome one too, see the blog for details :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Helen, really cute, thanks for sharing with us over at 2 Sisters challenge Blog.

    Hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete