Friday 23 July 2010

MMSC63

I'm on time for another challenge over at Priscilla Styles Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge again. Can hardly believe it myself. I've been beavering away doing things except crafty things for too long (work seems to figure in there a bit too muchfor my liking). Anyway - to this card....
I used the current freebie offered by Priscilla over on CDAC - you have until the 29th July to join and nab it by the way. Using a graphics program I resized the image twice and changed the colour on two of the images then used glossy accents on them to get a satiny look to them. The original black just has a light dusting of black glitter and a couple of sequins for a belt. All three images were given a silky skirt then pieced onto hammered white card. Using a Lily of the Valley template I cut out the mounting papers and using one of the few edge punches I have a final layer in black and gold. Colouring a strip of white netting with a permanent marker I achieved the black to add to the lilac organza ribbon from Crafty Feelings. This was then all layered onto a sheet of papermania BP. The pins are homemade with pearls and crackle beads from stash with the diamond one from crafty feelings.

6 comments:

  1. And very nice it is too Helen.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Crom's - you know I love this card and the amazing way you have used Priscilla's images - adorable and so beautifully embellished! Love it! It is great that you have played along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your creations and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Croms, I love what your did with Priscilla's image. This is very impressive. I love how you changed the colors and made them shiny. This is very stunning and sure a very creative way to use this digital image. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Croms! Great card! I love the feel you have managed to get here - it feels like walking into a semstress back chambers. The bow on the side almost looks like a curtain drawn to the side - opening up to the secret, privat room.
    I love the necklace and belt - great detail!

    Thanks for joning Midnight Madness Challenge - I sure hpe to see your great work again next week!

    Mvh
    Gunn
    MMSCDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Croms, this is fantastic. I would have never thought to do all the lovely extras with Priscilla's fantastic digi image. You have showcased it beautifully!

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I hope you can play with us again next week!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, Well you know I love your image *wink wink* Your template cut outs look wonderful and all your extras really compliment everything on this card. LOVE the beads :) You have created a wonderful card for your entry this week. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete