Monday 14 June 2010

fathers' day

That time of year ...... fathers' day coming up. I always have found this kind of celebration to be hard, mothers' and fathers' day that is. Both my parents have been estranged to me several times in the last 35 yrs for various reasons so this is probably why. Nevertheless, I have managed to produce a card for Tellen's Place and Pear Tree Designs challenges this week. It's maybe a bit different from the "norm" - but then I like to do that. I won't bore you with any more of my life.....
I have used images from Tellen's Place , Murdra from the dark images selection as a "story teller" and one of the freebies that get given away. All other bits from stash with computer generated sentiments.

10 comments:

  1. Great card Helen, thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing card Crom! Thanks for playing with us at Tellen's Place!

    Hugs,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card!

    Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs and good luck

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on what must be a difficult subject for you.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, you really did a wonderful job - the card scene is too cute - using the dark image like that with the cute Jessica - he's scared - hahahaha! Very cute! I love those papers and the corrugated cardboard. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I meant to tell you that it is really sad that both your parents are estranged from you but do know that you are a BEAUTIFUL person and I do enjoy you at Tellen's Place. This doesn't beat the love from parents, but I understand (my dastardly twins are estranged from me - they are 28 and won't forgive me for evicting them at 23). Take care Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card as always love the image you have used Thanks for playing at Tellens Place
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. helen, what a fab card. Good Luck and thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card.

    Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs Challenge Blog.

    Good luck.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, great colours! Thanks for joining this week over at PTD, hugs Heidi (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete